- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 3 lg eggs
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375F. Coat 2 gem tins (12-cup mini muffin pans) with cooking spray.
- Combine chocolate and butter in medium metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Off heat, whisk in granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso powder. Whisk in eggs until well combined. Sift cocoa over top and whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared pans and bake until cakes have risen, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool in pans on rack 10 minutes. Carefully remove cakes and cool on rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
This is a recipe I got a year or two ago from a Prevention magazine at the library. Here is preventions nutritional list:
|SATURATED FAT||3.6 G|
|TOTAL SUGARS||8 G|
|DIETARY FIBER||0.7 G|