2 2/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
1 pkg (3.4-oz) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
1 can (11-oz) coconut milk
1 tub (10.6-oz) Cool Whip Vanilla Whipped Frosting, thawed
2 cups fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
24 fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare cake batter as directed on the package then stir in the 2/3 cup of coconut. Spoon mixture into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
Bake cupcakes 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven in cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.
While cakes cool, beat pudding mix and coconut milk in a large bowl for 2 minutes using a wire whisk. Pudding will be thick! Refrigerate until ready to use.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Gently remove cupcakes from the paper liners.
- Cut cupcakes in half horizontally.
- Place cupcake bottoms on a serving tray.
- Top each cupcake bottom with 1 tablespoonful pudding and 1 tsp of the remaining coconut; top with a cupcake top.
- Spread the frosting over tops of cupcakes.
- Garnish with the fresh berries and/or mint leaves, if desired.
Refrigerate any leftover cupcakes.
I love anything coconut cream! Got this tasty recipe from Kraft last year.