I don't know who Karen is as I got this recipe from a friend.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pkg (4 oz) Bakers German Chocolate
1/4 cup butter (Do not use margarine)
1 2/3 cup PET evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbs cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Melt your chocolate with butter in the microwave.
2. Add milk and set aside.
3. Mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt together.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and mix.
5. Add eggs and mix.
6. Add vanilla.
7. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
8. Bake until puffed and brown, approximately 45 min
9. Make sure your pie sets up.
1 stick butter (Do not use margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup PET evaporated milk
3 egg yolks
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup coconut
1. Melt butter in microwave and pour into a heavy pan.
2. Mix sugar milk egg yolks together and add to butter.
3. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. (Continue to stir.)
4. Add 1 cup of pecans
5. 1/4 cup of coconut
6. Spread over pie