A friend sent me this recipe.
1 can cherry pie filling (20 oz)
1 can crushed pineapple (16 oz)
1 box Yellow Cake mix
1/2 - 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1) Lightly spray a bundt pan, or pan of choice.
2) Layer the bottom with the entire can of cherry pie filling
3) On top of the cherries, layer the crushed pineapple, juice and all.
4) Sprinkle the (dry) cake mix over the cherries/pineapple evenly.
5) Cut a stick of butter and place pats of butter on top of the dry cake mix
6) Sprinkle walnuts over butter (as much as you want)
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. Ovens may vary. You know it is done when the top is a nice golden brown.
8) Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream on the side.