- 1½ stick butter
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. confectioners’ sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13 x 9-in. baking pan with foil, letting foil extend above pan at both ends. Coat foil with nonstick spray. ( prefer parchment paper)
- Crust: Beat butter, flour and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl with mixer until blended (mixture will be crumbly). Press over bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until light golden. Leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, make Topping: In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, flour and baking powder with mixer to combine. Add about 5 drops food color and beat until Topping is pink. Pour over the hot crust.
- Bake at 350 until the filling is set, about 20 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting into squares to serve.
Note: Recipe and picture from an old Woman's Day magazine.