Cheesecake Filling and Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries, about 7-9 strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a circle of parchment paper into the bottom of a 9 inch springform cake pan and grease the sides.Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor.Add butter and mix in food processor until combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Slowly add heavy cream and pulse in food processor until just moistened.Gather dough into a ball. Mixture will still be crumbly and loose.Gently knead dough on a non-stick surface until just smooth, about five turns.Press dough into an even layer in the springform pan.Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden.Remove cake from oven and remove from cake pan. Allow to cool on cooling rack.
Cheesecake filling and Whipped Topping
- Freeze metal bowl and whisk for 15 minutes.Remove bowl and whisk from freezer and add 1 cup of heavy cream.Whip on medium-high speed for a few minutes. Cream will initially bubble a little bit, then start to thicken.As the cream starts to thicken, add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.Whip until soft peaks form, for a total whipping time of about 5-7 minutes. Make sure not to over mix. Set whipped cream aside.Add cream cheese to a large bowl and beat until smooth.Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and sugar and beat until smooth.Fold in whipping cream made in steps 1-5. Set aside.Freeze metal bowl and whisk for 15 minutes.Remove bowl and whisk from freezer and add remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream.Whip on medium-high speed for a few minutes. Cream will initially bubble a little bit, then start to thicken.As the cream starts to thicken, add remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.Whip until soft peaks form, for a total whipping time of about 5-7 minutes. Make sure not to over mix. Set whipped cream aside.
- Add water to pureed strawberries.Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in strawberry puree.Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and come to a boil.Allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool while you put everything together.
- Wash and dry strawberries.Slice about 6 strawberries into thin strawberries to use around the outside edge.Cut the tops off of about 3 cups of small to medium sized strawberries (about 18-20 strawberries).Line the same 9 inch springform pan used for the shortcake with parchment paper on the bottom and sides. The parchment paper should stick above the edges of the pan about an inch or two.Place shortcake in the bottom of the pan.Line the sides of the pan with the sliced strawberries, using the prettiest slices.Add about 1/2 cup of the cheesecake filling on top of the shortcake and spread into a thin layer, filling any gaps around the shortcake and sliced berries.Place the strawberries, thick side down, on top of the cheesecake. Leave some space between each of the strawberries so that they aren't touching and cheesecake can be added to fill in the space.Drop remaining cheesecake filling on top of the strawberries in spoonfuls, making sure it fills in all the spaces. Spread the remaining cheesecake evenly over the strawberries. Depending on the size of the berries, they might poke through the top of the cheesecake a bit.Spread whipped cream topping on top of the cheesecake.Cover loosely and refrigerate until firm, about 4-5 hours.Once firm, remove cheesecake from spring form pan and top with remaining strawberries, but into quarters.Drizzle with strawberry sauce and refrigerate or serve.
- Source: Driscoll's